GENERAL INFORMATION 2015
• Patrons may enter the theater ONE HOUR prior to the first screening of the day, with the VIP/ Festival Passholder doors opened first, and individual ticket holders admitted shortly thereafter.
• Seating for each film will begin approximately 30 minutes before each screening time. Seating is general admission only. NOTE: Some seats will be reserved for special guests of the festival. Please respect the designated areas.
• Only Festival passholders will be allowed in the theater between screenings. Please have your passes visible at all times! Festival staff will be checking for them.
• A Festival pass guarantees seating to all screenings. Shortly before each film begins, any empty seats will be sold to individual ticket holders waiting in line. NOTE: Please arrive 15 minutes before each screening; latecomers (even pass holders) cannot be guaranteed admittance.
• Passes and tickets cannot be exchanged, and no refunds can be issued.
• Smoking is prohibited in the Virginia Theatre.
• The newly-restored Virginia Theatre has updated all of its restrooms to be accessible and now includes transfer seating on both levels plus wheelchair-accessible seating on the auditorium’s main floor. Up to 18 wheelchairs can be accommodated inside the Virginia with one companion seat available per wheelchair. Stairs remain an impediment in accessingonly the theatre's upper mezzanine and balcony seats.
Reserved Seating tickets for accessible and companion seating may be purchased at www.thevirginia.org, by calling 217-356-9063, or by visiting the theatre’s box office at 203 West Park Avenue, Champaign IL 61820.
The Virginia also now features a wheelchair lift for guests accessing the stage from the auditorium, a LULA (Limited Use Limited Access) elevator allowing access from the stage to the downstairs dressing rooms, and an elevator allowing access to the building’s upstairs lobby and restrooms.
• Assisted listening devices are available upon request. A single earpiece bud, ear speaker, or neck loop may be used by a guest to enhance their enjoyment of films, spoken word events and many live performances. Devices may be obtained at the box office before the show. A credit card, driver's license or other form of ID is required.
For specific questions about the assisted listening devices, accessible seating or other accommodations, please call the box office at (217) 356-9063.
• NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK Iin the theatre.
During the Festival, you'll find great merchandise in the east lobby of the Virginia Theatre.
SOLD OUT FILMS
If you want to see a film that is sold out, go to the Virginia Theatre Box Office 30 minutes before the screening time and wait in the rush ticket line. Shortly before the film begins, any empty seats will be sold on a first-come first-served basis. NOTE: At every festival since 2002, all patrons waiting in line for tickets for sold out films were able to get in.
The number of Festival passes sold is limited to 1,000. An additional 500 seats are reserved for individual ticket holders and sponsors. We want to make sure that everyone who wants to attend the Festival – be it for one film or all of them – can be accommodated.
NO RECORDINGS PLEASE
Copyright law strictly prohibits the use of any type of unauthorized video or sound recording equipment (including cell phones).
SCREENING & EVENT INFORMATION
• Films will be shown at the Virginia Theatre: 203 W. Park, Champaign
• Panel Discussions will be held at the Illini Union/Pine Lounge: 1401 W. Green, Urbana
From Willard Airport to the Virginia Theatre:
• Start out going East on Airport Rd. toward Howard Dr.
• Turn left onto US-45 N
• Turn left onto US-150/W. Springfield Avenue/IL-10
• Turn right onto S. Randolph St.
• End at 203 W. Park Avenue
To the Panel Discussions (at Illini Union) from the Virginia Theatre:
• On Park, go South (left) on State Street.
• Go past University Avenue and Springfield Avenue.
• Turn left on Green Street and go past 1st through 6th Streets.
• After Wright Street, the Illini Union will be on the right.
Parking is available at the Hill Street Parking Deck, municipal lots or available metered spaces.
City of Champaign Hill Street Parking Deck and Municipal Parking Lots
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR URBANA, IL